Saturday, May 22, 2010

A First for Wren Cottage

AGES ago, Michelle at Boulderneigh  sent me an award!  What with travelling to other states to get rabbits, preparing for and participating in our fiber festival, and a super-busy 2 weeks at work, I hadn't even acknowledged it, much less thanked her for it!  (hangs her head in shame)

So now I do - thank you, Michelle for this award, and I hope it will inspire me to always remember the good things in life!





The award came with the following questions to answer:   I'm lousy at these things.  (Life is good. Life is good,  Life is GOOD!)  So here goes:

1. What would your perfect day consist of?
     Today ranks right up there - cool, clear sunny, all the May blossoms bursting, a day off from work, no schedules or obligations, plenty of time to play with my cats and rabbits and do all the gardening I want to.

2. How would you describe yourself if you were an item of clothing?
    A hand-spun, hand-dyed, hand-knit shawl:   A craftperson who loves to do things in the old ways, 
    colorful (I hope), warm, snuggly and comforting when things get chilly.


3. What hobbies are you currently working on?
     It's more like what hobbies am I choosing not to do, because I have so many already!   Hand -
     processing wool and other fibers for spinning, the spinning itself, knitting (way too little), beading and
      jewelry-making, gardening, and enjoying lots of other folk's blogs.


4. Walking in the woods in wellies or barefoot on the beach?
     I'll have to get some Wellies, but it's definitely the woods.

5. Have you ever hugged or sung to a tree?
    Uh.....no.   But I certainly enjoy and appreciate them and all the creations in nature God put here for our
    pleasure.   I love the sound of wind through leaves, love their colors all times of the year, and love looking
    up at the sky through their branches.

6. Growing your own veggies or nipping to the supermarket?
    Growing as many as I can, but not self-sufficient (yet)

7. Have you found anyone exciting in your family tree?
    Oh yes, and also our share of not-so-nice things too.  Like most people, we have both the good and
    bad, but since I like history, and it made for a fascinating read.


8. Slap up meal in a posh restaurant or fish ‘n’ chips from the wrapper?
      I'm not a posh restaurant kind of girl.   Snooty folks serving you three little bits of something on a plate,
      drizzled with a 'reduction,' and charging you $50....not my thing.   I don't know about the greasy batter-
      loaded fish and chips, but I do like casual restaurants with good food (especially ethnic) and good
      atmosphere.  The friends I have with me sharing the meal is the most important element.

9. Which element do you most resonate with, Earth, Wind, Fire or Water?
     I love R&B.....oh, you didn't mean that kind of Earth Wind & Fire.  I'm not so much a beach
      person, and I love to garden, so I would say earth.

10. Do you believe in fairies?
      No, life is whimsical enough without them.  (sorry Tink)      



I think I'm supposed to pass this on to three other bloggers, but I'll have to think about that one.

1 comment:

  1. You are most welcome! Blogpals like you are part of what makes my life good. :-)

    ReplyDelete